Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oh Whoa, I Forgot

Well, I warned all you readers out there that I'm the absolute worst at keeping a blog.  I mean seriously, who cares if my life is that much more awesome than anyone else's.   Everyone knows this to be true, so why do I need to constantly prove it by dictating everything I've eaten and done here in Morocco.

Who knows?

Regardless, I'm going to do it and if you don't like it you can go read some other blog about someone else's life you secretly wish you were living.  

So here we go:

GUESS WHO'S THE PROUD OWNER OF A JALABA?
GUESS WHO'S THE PROUD OWNER OF ONE OF THOSE SCARFS YOU WRAP AROUND YOUR HEAD (no I don't think it's called a turban, I'm pretty sure it's something different)?

Me!  I mean, c'mon, you're reading my blog after all.

Aside from that, things have been insanely academic.  It turns out Morocco is not one of the "fuck around" study abroad programs (take that The Onion). Seriously though, I'm in class at minimum, 4 hours a day and usually end up doing homework for at least 2 1/2-3 hours afterwards.  It's insane, however there is still a good amount of time for fun, games, and getting lost in the never ending alleyways of Marrakech.

Did I talk about basketball last time?  I'm not sure I did.  Anyway, I play it.  A lot. It really is a blast, and all the Moroccan folks get into it.  Hell, there is even a basketball club at the center on Saturdays.  It's really great.  In fact, I'd go so far as to say that playing basketball against local kids is one of the highlights of this trip thus far.  

Picture this:

Me.  Girls in Hijabs.  Moroccan guys.  And everyone getting into it.
Of course, everyone get's schooled my your's truly, but they're great sports.

(Actually, I retract that comment.  I'm awful at basketball, but it's damn fun.)

What else?

Sunday, we all went on a tour of the Mellah of Marrakech by the author of, "The Mellah of Marrakech."  Now, I'm not going to give y'all a history lesson, however I will say this:

The tour was fantastic.  Essentially, the Mellah is an old Jewish neighborhood and is absolutely amazing.  Hah, I even got to open a door to a synagogue that hadn't been opened in 14 years.

Tonight: More random pictures.

This weekend: The Sahara.




No comments:

Post a Comment