Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ahalan

This will be brief.

I'm in Marrakech and it is awesome.  Currently I'm sitting around in the hotel lobby (we're staying another night here before moving to our host families tomorrow), smoking a cigarette, and talking with this cute girl back in America.  Can you believe that?

So today was fairly laid back.  I woke up around 11 and since most folks were still asleep, I came down stairs to have a cigarette and explore a little bit, and immediately I was offered breakfast by a lady behind the front desk. Wonderful breakfast in a wonderful little garden (complete with turtles walking around), is a great way to start any day and fend off jet lag.

Then at 1230, we went over to our center (where our classes will be held) and had lunch, orientation, and tea time (Moroccan Mint tea is delicious, though very sweet).  While there I had a chance to shoot around a basketball with the group as well as some young Moroccan kids.  Good times.  Then we had a brief tour around the city, which is beautiful, and not as overwhelming as I thought it would be, though tomorrow I move in with my host family, and Thursday I have to adventure on the bus to class, so perhaps i will be singing a different tune, but until then:  Fuck yeah, Marrakech!

Well this is longer than expected, though stil pretty damn vague.

Anyway, until next time:

Here's look'n at y'all, world.

1 comment:

  1. Ricardo............glad to hear from you today....we watched the Luftansa flights on line- take off and land- so we knew that the planes made it but the little cartoon icon of the plane locator does not have little cartoon icons of the passengers....so were glad to see these posts and know that you made it......keep writing......

    ReplyDelete