Sunday, January 16, 2011

On the Road

Moroccan Travel Journal Post 1
ATexan in Morocco

So I just typed up three paragraphs worth of text only to somehow have it all be erased in a split second when I tried to post it.  How lame is that?  Anyway, here we go again:

So I'm awful at these things.  I've tried on several different occasions to keep a personal journal only to fail miserably within the first couple of weeks.  So this is a new attempt.  An attempt to document my adventures studying in Morocco for both myself and those in US that want to keep up with whatever the hell I happen to be doing at the moment.  

If you happen to have stumbled upon this blog by mistaken, let me apologize in advance, for I have no interest in proofreading any of my posts for spelling and grammar mistakes.  My goal, is simply to write furiously whenever I get the chance documenting anything I happen to have done, thought, or am planning to do.  This is not some change the world, wannabe, political analysis.  I have no interest in changing your political opinions and I have no interest in describing mine, and and even if I did, trying to do this through this blog would be no different than me handing out Pamphlets on Burnside in Portland.

Thus y'all have been warned, so here we go:


So I'm sitting at my gate at the Dallas airport waiting to board my flight to Frankfurt listening to some baby scream about something no one around her seems to understand, and I can't help but realize that I'm not nervous or excited.  In fact, except for a little annoyance with the kid and a craving for a cigarette I'm not really feeling too much.  It's weird, I mean, I've looked forward to studying abroad ever since I heard of its existence in High School, and now trip has finally come and I feel pretty numb towards it.  I'm sure it'll kick in at some point in time, but right now it's hard to realize that the plane I'm about to board isn't going to Portland.  Weird.

Anyway, thats it for now.  I typed way to much earlier only to have it be deleted, so I'm going to leave y'all with this first post with a promise for more information once I have some to report.

If I love you, know that I love you.  If I don't, I hope you enjoyed me wasting your time, you fuck. 


Things I'm listening to:

Drag the River - Closed
Jon Snodgrass & Frank Turner - Buddies
Kid Cudi - The Man on the Moon II: Legend of Mr. Rager

Reading: 

Lonesome Dove - Larry McMurtry


Up the Moroccan Punks.
(Yes there is a Moroccan punk/ska band I'll post a video once I know how)



4 comments:

  1. An unconscious nod to the fate of the first manuscript of Seven Pillars of Wisdom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you dude, have a great trip! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. never posted on a blog before but I love your vagueness!! "fuck you" " you fucks"... keep your spirit... as far as a cig.. I would be craving a whole crate of ciggarretes.. and as your apology for your politicaly incorrect statements.. im drinking so for give MINE!! FUCK YOU HAHAH.. your jetlag problem if you havn't figured it out by now, well from what i have been told is dont sleep until everybody around you sleeps ;).. food for thought haha.. NOW my little rant for you .. at least to keep you safe minded for whats going on here in san antonio.... learned a great quantity of HANK 3 songs so, be ready to play when you get back.. ps. if you have questions on chords let me know i'll sent them over via this blog... uhh me and sarah seem to slowly, very slowly getting back to a working relationship you were right give it time :) thank you , good thing.. other than that .. I hate to say this but.. the next couple of months; at lease while your gone.. NOFX, DRI, CRASS, ADDICTS . and mabey some in between.. my goal is while your gone is to take some pics to post if its possible on these damn blogs, never have i used them before. and to get you some shirt stickers or patches .. whatever i can afford. you understand.. oh i got my guitar out. NOW! back to you .. morrocow ... what the FUCK .. haha, live it up !! from what i have learned from traveling is that in every opportunity you get to try something new, is to try it!! fuck it if you KNOW deep down inside you wont like it .. TRY IT!! because as far as you know.. you can only get one chance.. SO! everything you get offered take it unless you know deep down inside.. and im talking deeeeep.. its going to hurt or do any kind of harm then BACK THE FUCK OFF.. "thats me being vague hahaha"... alright man im gonna go pour me another glass, play some guitar and hit the ole' dusty trail .. peac out and i will post on this thing you consider communiction.. "capatilistic tool" haha .. peace out man!! ps eat everything they have there even if its made out of a human!!

    ReplyDelete